Thursday, July 31, 2003

the joys of parenthood

well, here I am, up at 2 am. Tyler woke up and wanted to watch videos. Misaki came out to see what was going on and then he wanted to follow her back to bed. Too late for me to get back to sleep, so here I am.

I'd like to buy a domain name and turn this into a real web page. I have some other ideas, but I'm never fast enough to act on them. Well, I never have the time to work on them. That reminds me, got to send a mail to Ed.

I read a recent article on Wired News about a blogger, Rafat Ali, who is generating a comfortable income from his work. It was kinda inspiring - here's an extract that struck a chord with me:

WN: Do you work harder as an independent, or is life easier?

Ali: Harder. If anyone told you life as an independent is easy, well, dream on. If you work for yourself, you're working all the time. But it is the good kind of work, the work you want to wake up to every day.

Blogging for bucks

No comments: