Saturday, November 15, 2008

World of Warcraft first timers be warned...

Caved in to peer pressure today and bought a copy of World of Warcraft. I had actually played the streaming trial and quite enjoyed it, but really just don't have time for gaming. It was naive to think I could just buy the full game and start playing...

Here I am now in the middle of the 5th successive patch the game has downloaded, weighing in at a massive 2.6GB!!!



Notice the message about being behind a firewall. The first massive patch screamed in at nearly 1MB/s and took less than half an hour. This one is dribbling in at ~200KB/s, so I opened up the required ports in my modem/router's firewall, but to no avail...

Good thing I just upgrading my broadband account. If I leave my computer on overnight it might be ready to play by tomorrow, but I'm thinking that by then I'll be over it. And here was me trying to be good by playing games at home instead of drinking excessively. Oh well

No comments: