Saturday, October 18, 2003

sick

Sick. Got a fever which hit 38.8, my sinuses have been killing me for the last week, and this morning I transformed into a horrible, grumpy, mean, irritable, snappy, nasty monster and scared Misaki and Tyler. I thought I just had a cold, but actually I'm really sick and I'm not very good at it because it doesn't happen to me. I don't get sick. I'm very healthy. There's nothing wrong with me, I'm fine, I... I think I'm dying! Help! By the time I realised what was going on Misaki had allready had enough. We had to cancel our plans to visit my friend and meet his new baby daughter, and we decided I should stay home and recuperate while Misaki and Tyler go to her family's house tonight for a sports festival tomorrow, which was our plan originally. I've eaten, taken some medicine, showered and am feeling better than this morning. My theory is that while I was never sick at home, I'm often sick here because I'm probably being exposed to viruses that I've never come into contact with before so they effect me really badly and it takes me a long time to get over them. ooh, hungry - think I should eat some toast? Better, I guess. Right, so, I'm fine, or soon will be, and as I head off towards the toaster remember, being healthy is easy to take for granted until your head becomes a congested green slime factory.

No comments: