Tuesday, September 28, 2004

a nice place to work?

I just got a hit to this ste from someone using the query "why japan is a nice place to work". I'm scared. I dearly wish I could find that person and tell them about what working in Japan is like. Not that I'd launch into a tirade about how terrible it is, becuase whinging and complaining hasn't gotten me anywhere but into trouble recently, so I would have this to say: working in Japan is nice if you are a single, white (sorry, it's terrible but true), native english speaker with a fairly dynamic personality who isn't too harsh on the eye and doesn't mind working from 12pm to 10:30pm 5-6 days a week for a farily substantial sum of money (typically 250,000 yen these days).
Otherwise I have no comment. Come over and find out - some of the best things you'll discover are beer vending machines on train stations, and $2 cigarette packet dispensers on every street corner. Yes, it's true, grab a couple of 500mL monster cans of Asahi super dry for the trip home. You'll like that at least.

No comments: