Monday, August 18, 2003

we're home!

Wow, just got back last night from Dave and Michiko's. Amy has grown up so much, and Ace was just the most beautiful baby. Amy and Tyler had a great time playing together, and I think it was really good for him to be with another kid who speaks english because he seemed to pick up a few more words. It was also a learning experience being exposed to the hirachical order of playing with toys with an older kid. Highlights of the trip include an Indian restaurant where we enjoyed some great Indian food for the first time in years, comprised of tandoori chicken, some vegetable curries, samosa, and naan the size of a coffee table - I was in heaven, a visit to an aquarium where I found my new favourite animal - the walrus, man those things are huge! and it was great to sit up until all hours talking about life and catching up. Fun was had by all.

(On a side note - my ears are still messed up from the flight. The flight there was fine, but landing on the way back I though my ears were going to burst, it was excruciating. It's a bit better now, but still feels like my ears are full of water or something, and my whole head feels a bit wierd generally. Anyone know anything that might help?)

I'm off work today, and I'm home with Tyler. It's kinda nice that he's entertaining himself with breakfast and kids vids while I'm writing this. Later I'm going to take him over to Toys R Us to get some more Thomas the Tank Engine stuff. Amy had crates of it and they both had so much fun with it. We have a kit that Dave gave us last time he was over, so I think now is the time to expand it. Besides, I think it's more fun for the Dads that the kids.

Back to work tomorrow, and I've been commisioned to develope a new web app, so I'm half looking forward to it actually. But it does mean I'll be back to more frequent, shorter postings again. Had a great holiday, and it's good to be home.

cheers

ps - cheers for the RATM discs Dave, they're rocking on even as I type.

No comments: